A few months ago I decided to start this little fashion and lifestyle blog. The goal of this blog was to have a fun outlet where I could share all about my favorite things. The blogging world is a big one, like, really big. I am a small needle in a haystack of talented people.
In just a few short months, I have met so many wonderful women around the world. They are inspiring, talented and supportive. The greatest thing about the “blogging world” is the support – and I mean real genuine support that you find from other bloggers. When I was working in the social work field, I was always an advocate for supporting, encouraging and helping others meet their goals, now being a stay at home mom, this has been such an amazing place to fulfil that desire again.
I think the thing that strikes me the most is the support that comes from the “big time” bloggers who have 100,000 plus plus followers who respond to ALL your messages, questions, etc. These ladies are busy (and I mean BUSY) – I have a mere 1,100+ followers and there are days I find it difficult to respond to everyone – so I can only imagine how difficult it is for them. They genuinely care, will take the extra steps to help you with your blog and are always willing to lend a helping hand where they can – BLOGGER GIRLS RULE!!
Over the last few days I have been getting some questions from other bloggers on how I started to grow my (little) following (which by the way I am so freaking proud of) – it’s a lot harder than you would think – and I am SO SO thankful for everyone following along with me on this journey! I am NO pro on this what-so-ever and I felt very grateful that others are reaching out to me. Over the last few months this is what I have noticed has helped:
- Interacting with other users matters – it is called “social” media after all – so this is definitely KEY! I think the main thing is staying true to yourself and engage with others that have similar accounts to yours or have accounts with topics that interest you. I love following fashion bloggers, lifestyle bloggers, travel bloggers, food bloggers and home decor bloggers – because ALL of those things interest me. Making comments on photos and liking photos is a way to build a relationship with others – although this is all over social media, you will build relationships with these women/men. I have met SOOOO many wonderful women – and I hope one day I will get to meet (in person) these awesome ladies!
- Content matters – make it eye catching – when people look at your content the first thing they see is the last few posts you have made – so it is important to put effort into your content. I thought when I first started that I needed to hire a photographer – and while this is an amazing thing, I don’t think it is always necessary. You can have you friend, family member, husband (in my case) take your photo and have it blog worthy! I have found I get just as many “likes” taking a mirror selfie as I do with professional photos – so as always, do what works for you!
- Timing matters – this is the most recent thing I have learned. Most Instagram users are most active before work/school, during lunch and other breaks at work and right before bed. I have also found that Friday and Saturdays are the “slowest” Instagram times. It is important to make sure you aren’t posting too much or too little. You want to stay engaged with your followers! A lot of bloggers post 2-3 times/day. I post one time a day – first thing in the morning before I get busy with the hustle and bustle of chasing around a busy toddler. I spend nap time replying to all of my follower’s questions and comments.
As I have said, I think the key is being true to yourself. I am proud of my small little blog – and weather it turns into something “bigger” or not isn’t the goal for me- it’s a fun outlet for me and I am loving engaging with all my followers and other blogger babes in the blogging world.
As a big Thank you to all of my followers I am doing a GIVEAWAY for my blog reaching over 1K followers!!!
Giveaway: I am giving 4 lucky followers each a $25 gift card to Nordstrom!!!
To Enter Giveaway:
- Follow me on Instagram – www.instagram.com/stylejams
- Then follow the remainder of the rules on my Instagram photo
Giveaway ends Friday, July 21st!
Good luck, friends and thank you from the bottom of my heart for following along!
Stylejams session below: